Still talking about how to upgrade to android 4.0 ICS, now we will share about how to upgrade Google Nexus S to Android 4.0 ICS. Actually, it is like how to upgrade Galaxy SL to Android 4.0 ICS. But, this is official from Google. As we already know, Google has started to deliver latest version of Andorid 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for Google Nexus S devices.
At this present, update Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich is just available for GSM/UMTS Nexus S. Meanwhile, CDMA Nexus S owners must be patient to wait more the update. Ice Cream Sandwich for Nexus S gradually rolling out to different regions, if your device not showing any notification for the update yet, don’t worry as it will be available soon to all region. You can check the availability manually by going to Settings > About phone > System update. Then, if your device already got Android 4.0.3 update, continue in reading this tutorial.
- Before update your Nexus S to Android 4.0.3 ICS, make sure to charge your phone fully
- Download the official Android 4.0.3 ICS zip and rename it to ‘update.zip’ (Download from this link)
- Copy update.zip to your Nexus S. Make sure you place it to main root directory, not inside any other folder
- Power off your Nexus S and boot it into recovery mode (Hold down Volume Up+Power button together, you will enter in fast boot mode, using volume buttons navigate to Recover and select with power button, you should enter in to recovery mode)
- Now from Nexus S recovery menu chose update from SD card and select the ‘update.zip’ file you copied before with power button. Rest of the things will be done by automatically.
- Once the updating process get done just re-boot the phone and you will be welcome by Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
Congratulation! Your Nexus S is now running on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich.