As we already know, Google Already released the source code of android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Just weeks after that, unofficial upgrades for some Android phones have started popping up. So, in this article, we will discuss how to upgrade Samsung Galaxy SL to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. However, this version is still the beta release of the Android 4.0 ICS update,. Probably, some bugs or hardware malfunctions will be found when using the firmware.
Besides that, before upgrade your Samsung Galaxy SL to Android 4.0 ICS, we still recommend you to stay with official Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread update to get stable version for your phone. But, if you couldn’t be patient to taste Ice Cream Sandwich, continue in reading this tutorial to upgrade Samsung Galaxy SL to Android 4.0 ICS.
Preparation Before Upgrade Samsung Galaxy SL to Android 4.0 ICS
Before upgrade your Galaxy SL to Android 4.0 ICS, make sure you prepare somethings needed below.
- Charge up your phone to a minimum of 60% battery life. It to ensure that your phone will not turn off during the upgrading process.
- Back up all your data since installation will delete or new Android 4.0 ICS may have trouble in accessing your data.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
- Disable all unnecessary computer processes like antivirus software, firewall programs, and PC suites as they may interrupt the firmware installation process.
Installation Process (Upgrade Galaxy SL to Android 4.0 ICS)
Then, if you have already done the preparation, here is the instruction to upgrade your Galaxy SL to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Download the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware for the Galaxy SL I9003 to your PC (Download Link). This is zip file and don’t extract it.
- Connect Samsung Galaxy SL with your PC via USB.
- Copy the downloaded to SD card of your Galaxy SL.
- After copying the ICS ZIP file, download and install ROM Manager from the Android Market (Download link).
- Open ROM Manager from your app drawer and select “Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.”
- Reboot your phone so that you can proceed and boot into recovery mode. You can enterrecovery mode by simultaneously pressing down the Volume Down key + Ok Button while holding down the Power Button as well.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card.”
- Select “choose zip from SD Card” and select the file that you have copied into your phone’s SD card. Once selected, the firmware update will begin. It may take up to 5 – 10 minutes for the process to complete, after which your phone will reboot.
And congratulation! Now, you can taste Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on your Samsung Galaxy SL.